Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do the donations go? Hear Indiana is nonprofit organization that has been in existence for over forty-seven years. We empower and support children who are deaf or hard of hearing who use spoken language to communicate. Every dollar we raise will help give children with hearing loss the gift of sound! Donations support Hoosier children with hearing loss through a variety of programs. Learn more at HearIndiana.org.
- Where do donors go to donate to my page? Your registration confirmation email will have the link to your personal fundraising hub. You can send donors the direct link to your page or send emails from inside your fundraising hub.
- Do I have to fundraise? No, you do not. We greatly appreciate those who do!
- Can I change my team name after I register? You sure can! If you're a team captain, click on "Team" in your fundraising center. Here you can change your team name and see your team's fundraising progress.
- Can I change my Personal Page (e.g., statement, picture, goal)? Yes! There is no log-in required, but you do have a unique URL. When you go to your fundraising center, just click EDIT to change your team message, photograph, and goal. If you have lost your unique URL, click here.
- Why is my picture not uploading? Try reducing the file size to less than 1MB. Also you may want to try from a desktop, if it isn't working on a mobile device.
- Where do I enter pledges? To enter cash or check donations, visit your fundraising center and scroll down to "Donations." Then click OFFLINE GIFT. Next, enter the full name of your donor and the amount. Please don't forget to mail the pledge form and cash or checks to the Hear Indiana office (4740 Kingsway Dr. Suite 33 Indianapolis, IN 46205). Note: We want to be sure your donors get receipts- so you must also complete the pledge form. Thank you!
- What prizes are awarded? Prizes will be awarded to top race finishers and top fundraisers. The person/team that raises the most money will be our Ambassador for 2019, will be honored on stage and in next year's promotional videos, and will win a prize! Prizes will be awarded to the top fundraisers based on the checks received by Thursday, August 29, 2019 plus online donations received by 5pm on September 6, 2019. You may hand deliver checks to the event on September 7, 2019, but these checks will not be added to totals for prize consideration.
- Do you have a paper pledge form for those who do not want to donate online? Yes! You can find the printable pledge form & instructions here.